As we get ready to embark on our 2018-19 Indoor Track and Field season we have a couple of notes for starting out next week:
1. We will meet at 3:15 on the track on Monday, take attendance, and begin our warmups and introduction. Everyone is expected to be there (that includes all those running in the state CC meet on Saturday, we will discuss your break etc. on Monday).
2. Make sure that you have completed all your paperwork - Physical needs to be turned into the Activities Office, your ECC will be pulled from your file so you do not need to give me that), Participation form, and Concussion Education for both Parent and Athlete (https://www.fcps.edu/activities-enrichment/student-athletics/concussion-education) - the Physical and Concussion Ed only need to be done once/year, so if you already did those for another sport you will be fine. The Participation form is due each season, and i will collect those after we have completed tryouts.
3. Practice, as we discussed at the interest meetings, goes from 3:15-5:15 each day. This is a big commitment, and is not for everyone.
4. We will have a lot of people out there next week. It is important that you are paying attention as we go through our different activities. There is a lot to do in the 1st four days and it is important that you are paying attention.
5. Schedule - I just received the league schedule last week - i will put that into the activities office today, and we will go over it at the end of next week
6. MEET THE COACH NIGHT - Since we will only be in our 2nd day of tryouts on meet the coach night, we will do that at another time, probably on our shoe night at =PR=, which i will get to you ASAP.
7. Those who have not signed up at this point will need to do so either on Thursday November 8 on the track (3:15) or wait until the 1st day. You will not be allowed to tryout until you have completed the interest form, so that we have all of your information.